A Facebook Rant
- The Facebook Camera app needs to sync with my preferences on Facebook, i.e. filter the people I have no desire to interact with but seemingly have to be “friends” with.
- The Facebook mobile app needs to actually work.
- Facebook should know I am accessing messages through their Messenger app and not notify me of already read messages on the mobile app.
- Facebook.com should notify me when people write on my wall (especially when I have it set up to hold all in a queue for approval but Facebook acts as horny doorman and let’s any young snippet slip on by).
- The Facebook Pages app should allow me to remove certain pages from notifications, like the 30+ I’m an admin of but don’t manage.
- Facebook should recognize that if they kill Instagram the community will flock to another similar app, they will not replace it with Facebook Camera. It’s a community of people who love to take, share and absorb photos — it’s not about friends.
- Facebook should stop building multiple half-assed apps and make one seamless mobile experience, like…eh, Path? Maybe they should have bought that team first.
Just a thought, but with ads now hitting the already weak Facebook mobile app I wonder what’s the point to using it? I have Facebook Pages app for work, Facebook Camera app should I care to post pictures, Facebook Messenger for messages…and Path to see what my friends are up to.