Can You Think of 31 Things To Do Before the Year is Over?
Have you ever tried to write down 31 things you want to do (not 31 things you need to do)? Why wait for new year resolutions that have no end date in sight? There are 31 days left in this year leaving an opportunity to do 31 great things before 2011 ends. I started this last year at the same time and found it a rewarding, challenging, and productive way to round out the year. However, I will add that it’s oddly difficult to find 31 things to write down — who knew?!
Think of things you keep saying you want to do but never get around to — perhaps it’s brunch at a new restaurant, a book you want to read, or someone you keep meaning to call or spend time with. Throw in some of those nasty chores that everyone hates (my windowsills are calling my name, loudly) or fitness challenges like an extra mile on your regular run or mastering arm pull ups. Whatever they are, just write them down and start crossing them off! Here’s some of mine…
- Clean out the closet and donate the clothes I haven’t worn yet this year
- Finish reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (it really IS good, I just got ‘busy’)
- Hang the picture in my bedroom that’s been sitting on the floor for 6 months (seriously)
- Deep cleaning of the windowsills (gross)
- Do 50 continuous push ups without failure (knees permitted as long as nose touches mat each time!)
- Do LinkedIn recommendations for DCeventjunkie’s hard-working interns
- Move this blog to self-hosting and add all those fun plug-in’s I love
- Go to Total Wine and fill the wine stand and wine fridge COMPLETELY for the first time ever (massive priority)
Go on, I dare you.